Thursday, August 20, 2015

Children's Desk

I have just found my next project! I just found this amazing children's desk that is in desperate need of refurbishing. It is covered in a bunch of stickers and finger paint, which might take a bit of work. If I don't find anyone who would want this desk customized, I plan on staining and finding new hardware.
Based on the hardware, I believe it was made in the 60's or 70's. I was relieved when I found out that it can be removed.
The biggest surprise I found was that there was a pull out writing board. I think it was the original color of the desk. I was also given an attachment that goes on the side to create the tabletop just a little bit longer. 

 The most amazing part of this desk is the metal feet on the legs. I hope I can clean it up all the way to make them look new. If not I will have to find a way to make each foot look the same.
I can't wait to post updates on this desk as time goes on. I will post more pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment