Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Vanity

My most recent refurbishing project was for a client with an old vanity. My client loved the vanity, but knew it was in desperate need of a facelift. It needed the paint to be refreshed and wanted a pop of black on the table top.


Vanity Before
Refurbishing it took a good bit of time, about three weeks, since I was running into different issues due to the weather. I originally removed the paint and sanded the whole piece was able to paint it, until the humidity arrived. It bubbled and the veneer on the tabletop came up in large patches. So I had to removed it and clean up the table top once again.  After that was fixed it didn't take long to finish refurbishing the piece.

Vanity After
 My client wanted a white vanity and a black table top, so I used Behr's White and Carbon. They also wanted to keep the original hardware, since the vanity was once refinished by her mother a long time ago



I will have more projects coming up. I will post pictures soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment