Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Overall I feel like I had a very successful weekend when it came to refurbishing. I was able to complete three projects and start on two more projects.








The first project I completed was a on a desk that I received from a neighbor in my neighborhood. It started off with this grostesck white paint that was chipping all over the place and ended up with a stained top and gray body. It took a lot of work just to remove all of the paint. It is a great accomplishment of mine just to say that I completed it. If you read my earlier posts I mention about paint removal and staining or painting








The next project I completed was a small chalkboard frame. By far these projects are the most fun to complete. I can finish them within a day by sanding, priming, painting both the frame and the board with the chalkboard paint. I feel like my net adventure with them are going to be with creating chalkboard paint. I'm at ease when I am working on a chalkboard project.








The last project I completed today was a jewelry frame or a momentos frame. I did the same process with it was in sanding, priming and painting. The next step was using fabric as a background and adding chicken wire to the front to hold all of the item in the frame. It's a really cool piece when you think about all of the different aspects of the piece are. 

Currently I am working on refurbishing a side table that was hollow and turning it into a dog bed/ end table. This is the a lot of work, but in the long run I think it will all work out in the end. If you are currently working on any projects that you want to talk about, comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment