Saturday, May 9, 2015

What I fell in love with


The piece I fell in love with was a desk from the 1940's to 50's. The family who I purchased it from didn't know the exact year, but knew that their great grandmother was the one who had it when she worked as a secretary for a local department store. It shows a bit of wear and tear on it, but has great bones to it

Before
I wanted the desk to match the bench I just completed.To do so, I used the same Teal Majesty by Behr and purchased County Dairy by Behr.

Desk painted in Mint Majesty
I used the original hardware that came with the desk to keep the antique feel of the piece.




Cleaned up the hardware with Brasso

Completed look
I am very happy with the completed look of this desk and hope that I will have more completed pieces to come shortly. Lastly a quick question, if you have ever refurbished furniture, what is the very first piece that you fell in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment